Wednesday, April 1, 2009

homemade artisan bread


I just baked this tasty loaf of rustic, crusty bread...I never thought this would be possible at home. I am used to paying $5-6 a loaf at Kneaders...not anymore...just some flour, salt, yeast, water and a little time...amazing! Next time around I am going to try mixing in some Asiago cheese. Click here for the "formula"...that's fancy for recipe!

(I got this recipe from A Little Sussy and she recommended increasing the salt to 1 1/2 tsp. and lining the baking pan with parchment paper...both of which turned out to be great suggestions. I also decided to bake it at 425 degrees.)

6 comments:

Ines said...

That looks so yummy! I can't wait to try it out. Thanks so much for sharing Heather!

hollie said...

I am so impressed! It is beautiful. It sounds fun to make too-I can't wait to try it out!

Melissa said...

yum! I'll have to give it a whirl!

Shaunee said...

Yummy. I love bread! I am going to have to try that. I'm trying to get the guts up to make a foccacia bread. We'll see how that goes!

the girl who knew nothing said...

That looks great! My kind of bread, I can't wait to try it!

Unknown said...

That looks like it would be wonderful with soup or stew. I'm definitely going to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails