Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Krissy's big day



It was one year ago today that Krissy was diagnosed with Diabetes. We have learned so much this year and we really have so much to be thankful for. We wanted to make it a special and positive day for Krissy so we planned a party with all of our aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents.

Krissy started the day at preschool, then we went to register for Kindergarten (...already???). Krissy spent the afternoon playing with her friend Kate and making party favors. We went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner and then it was on to the party! Krissy was so excited to hand out her party favors (full of her favorite low-carb treats) and handmade thank you notes. We had a great time bowling...so much fun that one of us (no, not from this household) left the party wearing BYU's bowling shoes home instead of their own.

I am so proud of Krissy for the way she is handling this challenge. I am thankful for the support and love that we receive from our family and our friends. What a blessing you are to all of us.

9 comments:

Ines said...

Wow, has it been one year already? You guys should be the poster family of how to handle diabetes. Krissy is such a fireball. It looks like she had a great day. And I LOVE the pics of YOU, Heather, with the bowling ball... ;)

hollie said...

What a fun night! Thank you so much for sharing the big day with all of us! We all had such a blast bowling, and visiting. We are so proud of all of you and love the attitude that you all have. Life hands us all crazy things and you are examples that anything can be overcome and that life always goes on with love and help from family. We love you guys!!

Shaunee said...

That was a great party (minus Zac and his fun attitude!) We love Krissy and we are so glad that she is in our family. You guys have handled this challenge so well and we are grateful for your example. Thanks for the great party!!

Shaunee said...

P.S. What's the deal with Sydney's picture?!? That is too funny. I think I will set it as my wallpaper.

Britt said...

Thanks for the fun party! I love the adorable thank you notes from Krissy...she is so very cute. Can't believe it has already been a year. Krissy is SOOO brave and you and Kyle are awesome parents who take such good care of her. Way to go!

the girl who knew nothing said...

Thank you guys for inviting us to such a fun party. You guys are inspirations to me. You have handled everything so well! I loved the party favors and her adorable thank you cards. She writes so well, I'm impressed!

Dani said...

It was so much fun. Thanks for a great party! Krissy is such a beautiful, sweet girl, and you all have handled this last year remarkably! Her thank you note was adorable. She must have had to write so many!! Great job Krissy!

Melissa said...

This is such a great idea! I think it's pretty cool that Krissy's doll, Ruthie has diabetes too. You are such thoughtful, awesome parents! I love Krissy's little handwritten thank you note--so precious!

Laura L Giddens said...

Seriously, you are such a great mother. If I ever have kids I'll be following your example.

Related Posts with Thumbnails